Natural waterways are among the most valuable resources for any community. While transporting their goods down the Maumee River, the French fur traders doubtfully looked around and imagined a Glass City. Fast forward 500 years. Restaurants, hotels, parks, and unlimited potential take the shape of the Toledo skyline. Dissecting the 22nd Century Committee's Downtown Toledo plan and bringing your business to the Riverfront community leads you to one word: Connection.
Connection to the City:
- The major avenues, including Monroe Street, Dorr Street, Woodville Road, Monroe Street, and Dorr Street all point traffic straight to the riverfront.
- There is plenty of public parking in and around downtown within close proximity. On street parking is even free during the week from 11am - 2pm. The downtown area also has a system of pedestrian bridges and tunnels for workers to quickly and safely get around during the winter months.
Connection to recreation:
- Riverside Trail connects the Toledo Zoo to Promenade Park and Middlegrounds Metro Park.
- Riverside Trail East connects Dockside and the Marina District.
- Boating and tour opportunities for a cruise down the Maumee River.
Connection to business:
- The swanky, newly renovated Renaissance Hotel allows visitors the convenience of staying downtown for events and attractions with riverfront views.
- Head over to The Docks or take a walk downtown to taste some of the most eclectic food anywhere.
- ProMedica's new corporate headquarters and Promenade Park renovation will bring thousands of talented workers to downtown in the Fall of 2017
Connection to Events:
- Fifth Third Field - Home of the Minor League Baseball team The Mud Hens.
- SeaGate Convention Centre - Hosts exhibitions, conventions, and special events.
- Huntington Center - Home of the ECHL Toledo Walleye, and hosts concerts and special events.
- Hensville - New entertainment district hosts a variety of concerts and events throughout the year including a summer concert series.
These are only some of the benefits that draw new businesses and residents to the ever-growing Toledo riverfront. With all of this going on, who would want to miss the revitalization of this great community? Contact us to let us help you get started.